Sunday, April 01, 2012

National Poetry Month!

In the beginning I swore I wouldn't do this this year. I have a novel to finish. And jobs to both get and do. I'm on the road (Omaha, NE!) on poetry tour with Adam Clay and Michael Robins and I said, "No way, I can't do that poem a day thing this year. No way." Then, this morning, when they got up early and said, "Oh, I have to go write a poem," I sat there and thought about all the poems I wanted to write and even though I stood stubborn against it, here I am: One poem in. 


Here are the things to know about the poems we will be posting (Jason is in this year, though Jen is not, unfortunately): 1. These are VERY rough drafts. You'll see typos and bad puns, and wrong spellings, and wrong poems, but we take them down and start to edit as soon as the month is over. Sometimes ever sooner. 2. If you want to comment, you're welcome to! But please read number one above. These are rough and wild and unkempt. 


So, to all those who are in it to win it this April, happy poetry writing! As my friend Nicole says, "Be good, don't smoke, write poems." 



1 comment:

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

Happy National Poetry Month and all best with your writing!