Thursday, January 18, 2007

Okay, here we go.. Five Little Known Facts About Me (as tagged by Shanna)

1.

When I was fifteen. I wanted to be many things, but one of them was a scientist. I was particularly interested in water and water testing. As part of a Sister Cities Program, a group of us from Sonoma traveled to the lovely Kanev in the Ukraine and tested the Dnieper River (the largest river in the Ukraine). We tested the temperature, turbidity (that was my favorite test), nitrates, total phosphorus, fecal coliform bacteria, and PH. (I was much smarter then). It was an amazing time. I met wonderful people, particularly, Valya Gorovenko, who I am still looking for - we lost touch thirteen years ago. We swam in the Black Sea, and saw the sites of Moscow, I learned how to drink Vodka and danced in Ukrainian dance clubs. I hope to go back someday. Taras Shevchenko, the famous Ukrainian poet, was buried in the Kanev, as he wished to be buried along his beloved river.

No comments: