Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Delicate Art of Procrastination

Things to do before I settle down to write (aka methods of neurotic procrastination):

1. organize closet
2. go grocery shopping
3. make homemade chicken soup
4. talk to grandma
5. talk to mom
6. talk to dad, cynthia and bryce
7. watch my netflix movie
8. mop the floors
9. gym
10. check out the new kitchen store on my block
11. manicure
12. read more of the novel I'm reading (Shadowplay by Charles Baxter=delicious)
13. scrub the bathtub
14. finish the CD's I'm making for the girl gang
15. buy Jen's birthday present
15A. Write poem

How'd I do? This list makes me want to take a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Charles Baxter.. am procrastinating too.

Todd Colby said...

Oh my. Change a few names in there and I could list 10 of those before I write.